The Virgin Mattress Contest Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
A purchase does not improve your chances of winning.
- Entry Period. The Virgin Mattress Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. CDT on September 3, 2010, and runs through 11:59 p.m. CDT on October 10, 2010.
- Eligibility. The Virgin Mattress Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor and Pure, their immediate family members, and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
- How to Enter. Visit The Virgin Mattress YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/VirginMattress (the "Channel") during the Entry Period and, using your YouTube user name to identify your entry, submit your rich media "bedtime story" in video format. Your entry should show why your current mattress deserves to be replaced by a virgin mattress. Limit one (1) entry per person and per YouTube user name. If more than one entry is received with the same user name, the authorized registrant of the user name will be deemed the eligible entrant.
- Content of Entries. Entries must be original, owned by you, and not previously published. The user assumes all liability for publishing content Entries will be deemed void if they include any material that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is immoral, obscene, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, or other minority group, defamatory, infringing, in violation of any third party rights, in violation of any other law, or inconsistent with the image of Sponsor.
- Judging and Selection of Winners:
All eligible entries posted in response to the Channel will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will assess them based on the following criteria:
Advanced production skills and use of multiple images are not required and are not part of the judging criteria.
The entry with the highest score will be deemed the Winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
- Creativity (40%)
- Originality (10%)
- Clarity of expression (10%)
- Effectiveness in expressing the contest theme (40%)
- Tiebreaker. In the event of a tie, the response with the highest combined score in Creativity and Effectiveness in expressing content theme will be deemed the Winner.
- Prize. The Winner will receive a new virgin VertiCoil Edge mattress embroidered with The Virgin Mattress logo. The approximate retail value of the prize, which includes shipping, is $1,200. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable. Federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner.
- Odds. All eligible entries will be judged. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries. Sponsor cannot predict the number of contestants.
- Winner Notification. Winner will be announced October 13, 2010, on the Channel and the Site and will be contacted via a message to Winner via their YouTube user name.
- Requirements of Potential Winner. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential winner does not meet these requirements within the specified period, an alternate potential winner will be named.
Following receipt of the Prize, the Winner will be required to submit a photo and/or video of the virgin mattress in their home. The content will be submitted to The Virgin Mattress Sponsor through the email address: TVMSeries@gmail.com.
This content will be used at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- General Conditions. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Any entrant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of The Virgin Mattress Contest will be disqualified. All decisions of judges and Sponsor are final. By your participation in The Virgin Mattress Contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original, owned by you, and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold Sponsor harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in The Virgin Mattress Contest, your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize, and/or your posts on the Site, and (iv) grant Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to exploit the copyright in your entry and, if you are deemed a Winner, in your posts, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement with respect to the Prizes. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determine that The Virgin Mattress Contest has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the contest and choose the Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
- Governing Law. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with The Virgin Mattress Contest will be in state or federal courts located in Jasper County, Missouri, and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Winner's List. For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your request to Sponsor before November 13, 2010, at address listed below, or see list on the Channel or Site.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of The Virgin Mattress Contest is Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, No. 1 Leggett Road, Carthage, Missouri 64836. YouTube is not a sponsor of the contest.